Our Complete Wedding Service
Our venue hire price includes a phenomenal number of items, planning tools and services which make up our complete wedding service (many of which are chargeable extras at other venues.)
No Unpleasant Surprises
We never contact you after you’ve booked with a list of chargeable extras, in fact, we try to include as much as we can within the exclusive use venue hire price as outlined below.
Fixed Venue Hire Pricing
Our venue hire price is fixed at the point of booking. You pay today’s price even if your booking is for a date two years (or more) in the future.
This means that you can avoid disappointment by booking early to secure your date and start to enjoy the planning without worrying about subsequent price increases.
FREE Wedding Night Suite
Exclusively available for the use by the Happy Couple on their wedding night only, this charming wedding night suite is included in the Wedding Venue Hire Price.
Ideally located within the South Courtyard of The Ashes Barns Wedding Venue, this delightful suite offers stunning views across the lake and surrounding countryside.
We’re sure you’ll love the cosy, relaxed and intimate interior design and relish the opportunity to sink into the super-kingsize double bed at the end of your incredible wedding day.
Sleeps 2 (+ 1 Cot if required)
The Old Dairy at a glance:
- Super Kingsize Bed
- Stylish Country Cottage Furnishings
- Spacious Sitting Room
- Ensuite Shower Room
- Cottage Garden & Stunning Views
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2 (plus 1 Cot if required)
- Onsite Accommodation
Claim your Free Bedroom Suite
Happy Couples please don’t forget to claim your FREE wedding night stay in The Old Dairy by visiting the Rooms section of your exclusive online Wedding Planner and completing The Old Dairy Wedding Night Suite Registration Form.
If you have booked The Country House and would prefer to use one of its bedrooms as your wedding night suite, you are welcome to allocate The Old Dairy Suite to two of your wedding guests. Please visit the Rooms section of your wedding planner and complete The Old Dairy Wedding Night Suite Registration Form on behalf of your chosen guests and in their names, indicating their relationship to you where appropriate (ie. Bride’s parents, Groom’s sister).
Check-In / Check-Out
12 Midday Check-In
To preserve the integrity of our Exclusive Use promise it is not possible to arrange an earlier check-in time or a later check-out time, your understanding is greatly appreciated.
A delicious Continental Breakfast with freshly baked croissants is included.
Please do not exceed the maximum occupancy for this room.
The Old Dairy Suite is only available on the night of your wedding, it is not possible to stay the night before. You might like to consider The Village Cottage for the night before your wedding, subject to availability.
None of The Ashes Accommodation is suitable for parties, please do not invite non-resident guests back to your accommodation or into any of the overnight guest areas.
Your co-operation in not smoking or vaping inside, at any time, is greatly appreciated.
We’ll share our Full Accommodation Terms and Conditions with you as part of the booking process (prior to the completion of any booking).
Your Dressing Room
For weddings PRIOR TO Saturday 16th June 2018 –
The Old Dairy is available from 10.30am for use exclusively by the Happy Couple as your stunning Dressing Room.
New and Exclusive – For weddings AFTER 16th June 2018 –
The Stables Dressing Room will be available from 10.30am on your wedding day. We’re sure you’ll be delighted with its stunning ground floor make-up area and sitting room. Ascend its elegant staircase and you’ll find your private dressing room with en-suite bathroom.
Good to Know
You’ll find Hot Drink Provisions (Tea, Coffee, Milk & Sugar), ‘White Company’ Toiletries, Bed Linen & Fluffy Towels in The Old Dairy Wedding Night Suite.
Where applicable, please bring your own bedding for the cot. We provide the cot free of charge, upon request, without linens.
Exclusive Use Venue
Our Exclusive Use Venue Hire price for your chosen date is the total price you pay for exclusive use of the entire venue. Explore what’s included for you within each area of the venue below:
The Dressing Room
- Available from 10.30am on your wedding day for the Bridal Party to pamper and prepare
- Two spacious rooms furnished with; table and chairs, two sofas, two full length mirrors and iPod dock for your music
- Tea and coffee making equipment provided with Emma Bridgewater mugs, for while you get ready in the morning.
- Champagne glasses provided upon request, in case you prefer some bubbles while you get ready!
- Iron with ironing board available upon request
- Ample power sockets and lighting for hair and make-up
- Extra tall hanging hooks for the most important dress you’ll ever wear
The West Barn – For Your Wedding Ceremony
- Fully furnished with bespoke chairs for up to 150 guests, set out in the required numbers and formation
- Raised seating in The West Barn Balcony
- Public Address System to play your choice of music
- Access for your musicians to use The Juliet Balcony which is decorated with tasteful fairy lights all year round
- Raised platform with a beautiful oak lectern with subtle audio enhancement for your readers to use
- Microphone placed on Registrar’s table to ensure all your guests can hear your vows
- Round table provided at the entrance to The West Barn makes the perfect spot to place your post-box or gift basket
The North Courtyard – Ideal for mingling, relaxing and enjoying a drink
- Natural stone, flagged courtyard area which enjoys plenty of sunshine with shaded areas.
- Nine round outdoor tables and 50 chairs
- Flat and contained within beautiful dry stone walls and wrought iron fencing it is perfect for keeping curious toddlers and young children within sight but gives them space to roam!
- Outdoor electricity points are available should you book a bouncy castle, rodeo bull etc. for (supervised) outdoor use
- Uplighters and tastefully placed fairy lights ensure a gorgeous glow in this courtyard once the sun sets
- Overlooked by The Ashes Bar it’s the perfect spot for a large group photograph
The East Barn – For Your Wedding Breakfast and Evening Reception
- Table Plan Frame in adjacent anteroom to pin your seating plan into
- Coat rails and hangers provided in the anteroom
- Small table in anteroom, perfect for your guest book
- Up to 15 round tables with a maximum of 10 chairs per table, providing seating for up to 150 guests.
- Three different sizes of formal, straight Top Table available as required
- Evening Buffet tables provided
- Cake table provided
- Engraved sterling silver cake stand provided with cake knife, either 15” diameter round or 15” square
- Three beautiful solid wood high chairs provided where required
- Stainless steel table name holders available
- Full PA system & sound system, including an iPod dock, to allow your own choice of background music (please note our sound system is not suitable for your evening disco)
- Projector Screen provided if required for speeches (please supply your own projector)
- Wireless microphone provided for speeches
- Oak sprung dance floor with ample power sockets for your DJ or Band
- The Ashes Bar, fully stocked and competitively priced, is furnished with stylish leather chairs and low tables.
- Wheelchair access to The Bar via a wheel chair lift
- Ambient lighting which is adjusted throughout your day to subtly enhance the atmosphere
- The East Barn Balcony has two (3ft diameter) round tables for enjoying a drink at or setting your ‘sweetie bar’ up on.
- Exquisitely designed Ladies Powder Room with one way mirror overlooking the banqueting hall and fluffy white hand towels
- Well-proportioned gentlemen’s toilets with the world’s fastest hand dryer.
- Private tree-lined driveway, over half a mile long
- Formal front lawn with fabulous views across the beautiful Staffordshire countryside with our Grade II listed country house as its backdrop, available during the drinks reception for photographs
- Lush borders and planting
- Sweetheart’s Bench by The Pond
- The Coach House for outdoor style wedding
- The Lake
The South Courtyard
- Drop off zone so your guests can exit their vehicles right at the door to The West Barn
- Ample room for a large coach or vintage red double decker London Bus to pull right up to the venue and swing round to exit.
- Perfect spot for that Confetti shot
Onsite Wedding Night Accommodation Available
- The Happy Couple get The Old Dairy Wedding Night Suite INCLUDED in the Venue Hire Price
- All other onsite accommodation is exclusively available for your guests to book for your wedding night (at a cost.)
- See the Accommodation page of our website for full details.
Not forgetting . . !
- Disabled toilet on the ground floor
- Baby changing facility
- Secure storage for all your wedding items
- Walk-in chiller cabinet for your drinks
- Fully equipped professional catering kitchens on site, enabling all your food to be freshly prepared
- Ashes branded umbrellas, just in case!
- Discreet car park for 70 cars with overflow car park if required
- Emergency generator should the power fail (we haven’t needed it yet!)
- Snow Plough for clearing the driveway when required (tried and tested!)
During the Festive Season we also provide:
- A magnificently large Christmas Tree in the North Courtyard, strewn with white fairy lights.
- A Christmas Tree on both the Juliet Balcony in The West Barn and on the Viewing Balcony of the East Barn, both decorated with fairy lights and neutral baubles to compliment your wedding theme.
Wedding Planning Service
Choose The Ashes as your wedding venue and you can take advantage of the wedding planning tools listed below, all of which are included in our Venue Hire Price.
- Practical wedding planning advice from our experienced team of Event Managers who are on-hand to help from the moment you book.
- Your own personal Wedding Day Event Manager; on site well before you to oversee the placement of your venue decorations and welcome your suppliers, your dedicated Event Manager is focused on making sure every aspect of your big day runs smoothly, right up until they wish you and your guests a good night’s sleep.
- A dedicated Plan My Wedding section on our website including wedding ideas and inspiration, example wedding day timings, room layouts, useful measurements and top tips for stress free wedding planning.
- Your personalised online Wedding Planner, your unique wedding details online; it’s a fabulous planning tool and a great way to share your key wedding day information with us and your chosen suppliers.
- Access to our Suppliers Directory, a comprehensive list of talented individuals and businesses all passionate about weddings and waiting for the opportunity to work with you.
- Access to The Ashes Dream Team, our phenomenal, preferred wedding suppliers, all of whom come highly recommended.
- The opportunity to attend a spectacular Wedding Experience Event at The Ashes prior to your wedding, where you’ll enjoy a sumptuous tasting menu served by our exclusive catering partners Jenkinsons.
A No Corkage Drinks Service
The Ashes is a No Corkage wedding venue; you are welcome to supply your own drinks for both the drinks reception and your wedding breakfast meal without incurring any corkage fee.
For a no hassle, cost-effective alternative to supplying your own drinks, you can design your own Bespoke Drinks Package from the extensive collection of discounted drinks available to order online from The Cellar. Don’t hesitate to ask us for some advice; we can help you select delightfully delicious drinks in just the right quantity for your wedding.
However you choose to supply your wedding drinks, you’ll enjoy an Unparalleled Drinks Service from our outstanding catering partners who will provide the waiting-on staff together with all the appropriate glassware and ice where required.
Whether you choose a classic champagne drinks reception or opt instead for Pimms, beer or mulled wine, they’ll be sure to supply the right Glassware, they’ll even supply the fruit for summer Pimms free of charge!
(Please note – The drinks themselves are not included in the venue hire price)
Delicious Wedding Catering Options – Food Charged Separately
Catering is charged separately and is not included in the venue hire price however, our catering partners share our commitment to excellence and integrity and will discuss the cost of your individual requirements openly and clearly.
We’re all different; here at The Ashes we don’t do set menus, we encourage you to choose dishes you’ll love and with three course wedding breakfast menus from just £39.50 per person and exciting evening options from just £6.75 per person, you can indulge your guests for less.
Catering prices are always ‘price per head’ and include:
- No Corkage Fee or service fee applied when you provide your own daytime drinks
- A Private Consultation with an experienced Wedding Catering Coordinator to discuss your individual requirements
- The opportunity to sample a Tasting Menu at a Wedding Experience Event
- Your Catering Manager on site throughout your wedding day to ensure excellent service
- The perfect number of Serving Staff throughout the day
- Professional and Talented Chef passionate about your menu
- Provision of White Tablecloths and Napkins
- All the Crockery, Cutlery and Glassware required, specific to your drinks and menu
- Iced Jugs of Water on each dining table.
Request A Brochure with Prices
If you’d like to know how to book a wedding at The Ashes please contact us to check availability and discuss your individual requirements, our specialist Event Managers are here to help.Request a Brochure with Venue Hire Prices