The Ashes Barns
First Viewing of The Ashes
Our Award-Winning Team of Wedding Event Managers are on hand to answer your queries, 7 days a week.
When it comes to weddings we know that detail matters, so whatever your query, we’re here to help.
From your very first viewing of The Ashes right through to leaving the venue on your wedding night as a newly married couple The Ashes Events Managers are on hand to answer your questions, offer advice and recommendations and generally ensure you enjoy the wedding day of your dreams.
Your Planning Meeting
Around 3 months prior to your Wedding Day we’ll invite you to your Planning Meeting which is held at The Ashes Barns with the Events Manager who will be working on your wedding day.
This is a great opportunity to discuss your plans face to face and for the Events Manager to gain an understanding of how you’d like your day to run.
During the meeting the Events Manager will ask for details of which suppliers you have chosen, who your florist is, your photographer etc. We’ll establish the running order for your wedding day and get clarity over the timings.
We’ll also confirm your 9am drop off of all your wedding items, the day before your wedding, including any drinks you may be supplying and all your name place cards, favours etc.
Online Wedding Planner
Your Events Manager will then transfer all this information into the ‘My Wedding Day’ page of your personal section of our website and invite you to review it. It’s amazing how cathartic it is for you to see all your hard work come together in one cohesive document.
Your Events Manager will refer to this document throughout your wedding day so it’s important that you advise us of any changes or amends required, prior to your big day.
On your Wedding Day
Briefly we’re there to:
- Set up for you in the morning. We’ll set out your decorations, name place cards, favours, ceremony seating name cards, post box for gift cards etc.
- Welcome you when you arrive and make sure you’re comfortable in The Old Dairy
- Help your florist and cake supplier find what they need to set up
- Meet and greet your guests as they arrive and invite them into the North Courtyard or straight into The West Barn depending in the weather
- Pin button holes (we’ve had lots of practice!)
- Liaise with the Registrar to ensure the ceremony goes smoothly and the correct music is played
- Discuss timings with your photographer
- Monitor and adjust the temperature in the Barns as required
- Clear the chairs in The West Barn after your ceremony so it becomes a lovely open space for your guest to enjoy the drinks reception in inclement weather
- Move any decorations from The West Barn to The East Barn as required and light any tea lights
- Keep an eye on the time and work with your Best Man, Ushers and MC to ensure that your guests are all seated in The East Barn
- Orchestrate your grand entrance to The East Barn as Husband and Wife
- Move any forgotten personal belongings from The West Barn to The East Barn anteroom during your meal
- Place gifts and cards safely into The Old Dairy during your meal
- Provide the microphone when it’s time for speeches
- Help the catering staff make any changes required to the tables and chairs after the wedding breakfast, this could be adding extra tables and chairs in preparation for any additional evening guests or dropping tables off the dance floor to accommodate the band or DJ.
- Invite you to cut the cake and encourage you onto the dance floor to do your First Dance
- Remain on hand to help with any requests during the evening and wish you well at the end of the night.